1. By Using Online PDF editors
One of the ways you can add watermark to your PDFs is by using online PDF editors. There are numerous editors available online that edit and add watermark to pdf easily.
In most of them, the process is like this:
- Type the address in the address bar and hit Enter.
- You will be provided with a couple of options, amongst which you need to select the watermark option.
- Further ahead, you will be asked to upload the file, to which you want to add the watermark. Proceed on selecting the file and upload it.
- You will be directed towards a section which will allow you to choose watermark types. You can either choose the text option or image.
- Upon choosing either of the options, you can then choose the font of text and writing style, etc. The editor will also allow you to choose a position for your watermark.
- After you are done with finalizing, click Add Watermark and then proceed to download the document.
2. By Using Adobe Acrobat
To add watermark to PDF using Adobe Acrobat, you will need to open your file using Adobe Acrobat first. After the file has opened, click the Tools option, proceed to click on editing page & design. It will take you further to a section with features such as watermark. Click on watermark option and further select add. A window will pop-up that will ask you to provide text and basic settings such as the location of watermark on the document. You can make changes to the size, font and text style as well. After you are done with making changes, click to apply a watermark to your document.
Top Free PDF Editors to Use for Watermarking
When it comes to PDF editing, PDFelement has popped up as an excellent alternative to Adobe Acrobat. A free software allowing you to edit, view, and add watermark to PDF online with ease. It provides a plethora of features such as editing, annotating and converting PDFs.
2. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is another one on the list. It also shares similar features such as editing, rotating, creating and merging your documents. Apart from that, it also allows you to protect your PDF documents and keep them safe at the same time. Nitro Pro is offered in two versions, personal and business. The personal version costs around $160, and it provides you a set of more advanced features. It has a friendly and very easy to use interface with embedded OCR technology.
3. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
You cannot argue and it goes without any doubt that it was Adobe Acrobat that set the standards for editing. It has been long well known amongst professionals and over time has gained much popularity. It is important to mention, that Adobe Acrobat is both for small and large businesses. It is used by individuals as well as corporations at the same time. It also comes with OCR technology with top-notch features. With an interface that is easy to use, even a newbie to this software won’t have any issues getting familiar with it in no time.